Thursday, December 16, 2010

God helps us learn

The theme for Lesson 2 is God helps us learn.
Proverbs 2:6 - God helps us learn.

I went through this, picture by picture with Abigail. Asked her one by one whether is she able to do it?
Picture 1 - tie my shoe
(she can wear her shoes but not tie her shoes, I circle it as she is not able to do it yet)
Picture 2 - brush my teeth
(I put a tick as she's able to brush her own teeth without any help)
Picture 3 - wash my hands
(I put a tick as she's able to wash her own hands without any help, even with soap)
Picture 4 - arrange my books
(I give her a tick, she can arrange her books but not in perfect order, well... still deserve a tick)
Picture 5 - make my bed
(she is still learning to fold her blanket, I circle it... area to improve)
Picture 6 - kick a ball
(Oh yes! she can kick a ball! A big tick for this!)

I prepared a map like this

Then draw different shapes on it.
I asked Abigail to name me what shapes she wanted, as she said, I drew it.
After that, I hold her hand, teaching her how to use the scissors.
She's ok with straight line, still need guidance. Not able to do it on her own yet. Need to have more practices on this. After cutting them out, I stick it on a black paper and then get her to stick the right shapes at the right place. From here, she can learn a few things.
1. What is a map. How did a map look like? Where are we staying? Where are other countries?
2. Shapes (the child may knew it already)
3. Cutting/using scissors
4. Matching shapes and sticking.
It's simple and fun. Abigail likes it! :)

Painting time again.

No comments:

Post a Comment