Thursday, October 6, 2011

Birthday Cards

During the Popular Book Fair in September, I bought some art & craft material for Abigail and myself to enjoy doing some crafty work. :) In September month Abigail had done 5 cards for 5 birthday girl/boy. :) I have to admit that I'm not a camera person, I dont have the habit of taking photo now and then. Even the 2 cards below, I only remember before I sent it out by post. I have to unseal them to take photo then seal it again.

On 2 September, Abigail did a card for her best friend, Christabel. It was a simple card. I guess one day I have to go to Bel's house to snap a photo of her birthday card. :)

On 11 September, Abigail did a simple card to Aunty Wan Siang for her birthday.

On 22 September, Abigail did two cards for Dorcas, her cousin and Tai Yi's Birthday. I then tell her we're going to send the card to them by post to give them a surprise! She was very excited. I only sent out on 26 Sept, the birthday of Dorcas and they receive the card on 29 Sept. I would said it's fast! from KL to Kuching is only 3 days!

On 1 October, she did a card for Zen Xuen, her kindy friend which is also my school-mate's son! :)

I first prepare the layout of the card then I'll share my idea to Abigail what I planned to. It's kind of instruction to her but in a discussion way. :) I get her to do all the stamping e.g. balloons, party hat, cake, gift box, bubble. After stamping it looks a bit blend... then i get her to give some colour to it.
This is the front page of the card.

Suppose, I wanted her to do all the writing but her handwriting is really messy :Þ and being a fussy mama, I cant bear with the mess! So, I did the main writing and get her to write her own name only. :Þ Then I get her to choose a sticker for Dorcas and put some stars to light up the card.

This card is for Tai Yi. I did the front page and do the design cutting with those special scissors.

I then get Abigail to do the stamping and colouring. I learnt a lesson that day. Never get the child to do two cards in one go... she's tired. and when she did her colouring, she didnt give her best.
Then she choose a sticker and sign the card... put some sticker stars to light up the card! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment