Saturday, June 19, 2010

Father's Day Craft

I use Exodus 20:12 for the children memory verses "Honour your father and your mother". I help the toddler to understand what it means to honour our parents. Honour means respect and obey, it's an action, we need to listen to our parents to what they say. No one is always right, everyone make mistake along the way, but no matter what, we still need to respect our parents by listen to them.

In conjunction with Father's Day, I get them to think what can they do for their fathers. Some said make a card, some said give him a kiss, etc. I then challenge them to make the whole next week a special week for their father by giving them a book of coupon with a special treat written in it. E.g. This coupon entitle daddy to enjoy a bible story, big hug, big kiss, massage, etc. On top of that, they need obey their parents.

I end the lesson by getting them to make a card for their father. I get the idea from Merryn's blog.

Children doing their craft work

No comments:

Post a Comment